Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Orochon Ramen - Los Angeles, California


Address: 123 S Onizuka Street, Los Angeles, CA, 90012

Items Ordered:

  • Orochon Ramen (Spicy Levels of 1, 2, 3, 4, 5) in Salt & Miso soup flavorings
  • Gyoza

Lured here by the publicity of appearing on Man vs. Food, each of us set out to test our spice thresholds. They really aren't kidding when they say this bowl of noodles was spicy! I got the Salt #3 (Impact) and even though I was so hungry, I had difficulty eating it without gulps of water between spoonfuls. Adam Richman took on the Special #2 - the challenge was to finish the entire massive-sized bowl (noodles and soup and all) within a 30 minute period. I would be scared to even attempt it! Overall, I enjoyed my meal but I think my taste buds would have appreciated it more if they could actually taste it all after being numbed by the spiciness. Yes, I realize I just got the 3 (fifth spiciest), but I swear the Salt one is spicier than the other soups! Be prepared for long waits for the small restaurant, but definitely worth going to attempt the challenge (special #2 or otherwise)!

--v

No comments:

Post a Comment