Friday, November 30, 2012

Seoul Sausage Company - Los Angeles, California

Address: 11313 Mississippi Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90005

Items Ordered:
  • Galbi Sausage - 100% All beef kalbi flavored sausage served with kimchi-relish and garlic jalapeno aioli
  • Lil' Osaka Ball - Deep fried Japanese curry rice ball
  • DA KFC - Korean Fried Chicken

The winner of The Great Food Truck Race (Season 3) in store form? Well, my co-blogger and I decided we must try it! Overall, I had a great experience. I'm not sure if I think it is the most amazing thing ever, but it's definitely a good meal. Let's start with the sausage. We got the Galbi sausage and while it had a good mix of flavors and overall I liked it, we both think it didn't have the kick to put it over the top. The sausage didn't seem "meaty" enough. Moving on to the balls... This was my favorite item we ordered! It is a fried ball of goodness with rice, curry spices, potato, and (I think) some type of meat. It came with a garlic mayo sauce that complimented each piece of the ball well. In addition, we ordered the KFC (Korean Fried Chicken), not to be confused with that fast food place. These came with cornbread on top. I enjoyed this dish, especially the spices and crispiness of the chicken. Lastly, I must talk about the water by the box that YJ loved. Water, in a box...strange, but it works (and is better for the environment). Go there and try it for yourself! :)

-V

1 comment: