Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Bäco Mercat - Los Angeles, California

Address: 408 S Main St, Los Angeles, CA 90013

Items Ordered:
  • Warm potato salad with pickled vegetables
  • Original bäco sandwich - pork belly, beef carnitas, salbitxada
  • El Pesco bäco sandwich - crispy shrimp, sriracha, chive

There are some places that have been on my radar for so long that when I finally visit, I just want to order everything on the menu. Fortunately, I have smarter friends than myself, and we were able to narrow down our selections to just 3 options at Bäco Mercat. I have to say, the restaurant really lived up to the hype. The flatbread of the sandwich was somehow crispy yet soft at the same time, and the pork belly and shrimp were both seasoned well. The sauces weren't overwhelming, and one sandwich is definitely substantial enough for lunch or dinner. The warm potato salad was amazing! Crispy potatoes that were well-dressed, absolutely delicious! I would definitely order this again and probably a few more appetizers as well. Highly recommend this restaurant, and props to the chef. Try it for yourself!

--y

No comments:

Post a Comment