Friday, September 24, 2010

Hakata Ramen Shinsengumi - Gardena, California




Address: 2015 W Redondo Beach Blvd, Gardena, CA 90247

Items Ordered:
  • Hakata Ramen with chasu, spicy miso, bean sprouts
  • Takana fried rice
  • Cold tofu with bonito flakes

Ramen is delicious. I don't know if it's the loads of MSG or pork fat in the broth, but I'm always up for ramen even when it's 80+ degrees outside. My current roommate had recommended Hakata Ramen Shinsengumi (HRS) to me before we visited Daikokuya b/c she said it was her ultimate ramen destination. I arrived around 5:30p on a Sunday and luckily there was no line. I chose my medium-oil miso broth with firm noodles and added spicy miso for a kick. When the bowl arrived, I immediately took a sip of the broth and while it was rich, it wasn't as fatty and full of flavor as Daikokuya's miso broth. The chasu was tender and flavorful though, and the noodles were just the right firmness, however, I still prefer egg noodles over white noodles. Overall, the ramen was excellent, but Daikokuya is still the reigning ramen champion. If you visit HRS definitely get the fried rice b/c my sister and I managed to finish off a bowl of ramen each, tofu, and the fried rice b/c it was so tasty.

--y

No comments:

Post a Comment