Friday, October 14, 2011

Jitlada Thai - Hollywood, California

Address: 5233 W Sunset Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90027

Items Ordered:
  • Green Mussel Curry: New Zealand mussels in southern Thai curry with pineapples
  • Crying Tiger Pork
  • Deep fried seabass
  • Pad Thai (not pictured)

Jitlada has been on my to-eat-list for almost a year now. After being bombarded by reviews from Jonathan Gold, the Food Network, and other bloggers, I wanted to participate in the Jitlada experience too! The mussels were one of the best I've ever had, and the mussel broth was drinkable like a delicious seafood soup. The best part of the famous crying tiger pork was the spicy sauce that accompanied it, which was really a delight and punishment for the taste buds. Last but not least, the deep fried seabass was a standout dish--probably my favorite of the night. The fish was crispy and delicious even without any sauce. Next time I return to Jitlada, I would definitely order the fried fish and mussels again. Try it for yourself!

--y

No comments:

Post a Comment