Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Din Tai Fung - Arcadia, California

Address: 1088 S Baldwin Ave, Arcadia, CA 91007

Items Ordered:
  • Xiao Long Bao: juicy soup dumplings with pork and fish
  • Shanghai rice cake with pork
  • Stir fried green beans

I visited Din Tai Fung (DTF) only so I could brag to my parents that I could have an authentic taste of Taiwan in L.A. while they'd have to resort to eating their own cooking...suckers! After waiting 30 minutes in the sweltering heat, the restaurant was kind enough to offer us cups of ice cold water. When we were finally seated, the soup dumplings and green beans arrived looking extremely photogenic. Tastewise, the dumplings lacked the spoonful of soup which I love, but the outstanding flavor of the fish dumplings made up for the scarcity of soup. The stir fried green beans were crunchy and devoured quickly. Overall though, eating at DTF just made me jealous that I couldn't eat my parents home cooking :(.

--y

No comments:

Post a Comment