Sunday, October 17, 2010

Newport Tan Cang Seafood Restaurant - San Gabriel, California

Address: 518 W Las Tunas Dr, San Gabriel, CA 91776

Items Ordered:
  • Ong choy
  • Clams with black bean sauce
  • Beef loc lac (French style)
  • 8-lb whole lobster with ginger and onions
  • Deep fried tofu
  • Crispy fried squid with salt and pepper

Whenever I get the craving for authentic Chinese food, I will sacrifice my sanity and sit in L.A. traffic on the long arduous trek to San Gabriel Valley or Monterey Park/Alhambra for the good stuff. On this visit I was more willing b/c I have been waiting to try Newport Seafood Restaurant for over a year. If you visit their website on Yelp you will see pictures of glistening delicious lobsters and even a 13.5 lb monster lobster! The lobster that arrived at our table looked spectacular and even though it weighed in at almost 8 lbs, it was so delicious that our table of 7 finished it all off. The clams with black bean sauce and beef loc lac was satisfying with rice and the vegetables were oily and garlicky just the way I like them. As far as the deep fried tofu and crispy fried squid, they were good, but I could do without them in my regular repertoire. Newport Seafood is the type of great, authentic Chinese restaurant that even my parents would love.

--y

No comments:

Post a Comment