Sunday, November 7, 2010

Savoy Kitchen - Alhambra, California

Address: 138 E Valley Boulevard, Alhambra, CA 91801

Items Ordered:
  • Hainan chicken rice (darkmeat) with sweet soy sauce, ginger sauce and chili sauce
  • Baked escargot

Savoy Kitchen is delicious!! It's been a while since I've ordered Hainan chicken, but coming here, you just have to order it. That's what they're known for and it certainly did not disappoint. I prefer dark meat so I got that. The ginger sauce was my favorite - drenched each piece of chicken in it and had it with the rice. The rice isn't just regular rice - it has a slight flavoring to it. Overall, great combination of rice, chicken and sauces. The place is pretty small, but there was outside seating too. In addition, we got the escargot that came with bread. The bread, I could pass on, but the escargot was decent.


Go there for the Hainan chicken rice!!

--v

1 comment: