Wednesday, November 3, 2010

8 oz. Burger Bar - Los Angeles, California

Address: 7661 Melrose Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90046

Items Ordered:
  • Melrose: 6 oz. house blend, garlic roasted tomatoes, red onion marmalade with added fried mozzarella, roasted mushrooms and roasted garlic aioli sauce
  • Truffled potato skins
  • Kennebec fries

When I first looked at the menu, I decided I wanted a basic burger that I could do add ons with. It doesn't quite work like that - you have to choose one of their burgers (that already have add ons) and add on/remove from that. The options for add ons were full of all kinds of goodness from toppings to cheeses to sauces. Now how could I really resist fried mozzarella, mushrooms and garlic aioli?! Overall, the burger was delicious - especially because of all the creative add ons. The sides of fries and potato skins were good too. I especially liked the truffled potato skins - truffle oil basically just makes everything taste that much better! Didn't make it in time for happy hour this time, but I'd definitely want to go back -- I was eyeing the Kobe mini corn dogs and short rib grilled cheese sandwich for next time!

--v

No comments:

Post a Comment