Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Joe's Stone Crab - Miami Beach, Florida

Address: 11 Washington Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139

Items Ordered:
  • Stone crab - jumbo
  • Lobster macaroni & cheese
  • Sauteed mushrooms
  • Hashbrowns
  • Sauteed fresh corn - roasted with cilantro, whole butter and lemon juice
  • Key Lime Pie

After reading articles and all kinds of reviews for Joe's Stone Crab in Miami Beach, I just HAD to go there while on a recent visit to Miami! I mean...BOBBY FLAY said it was one of the best things he'd ever had on, you guessed it, the Food Network's "Best Thing I Ever Ate." Maybe I just love too much food, but goodness, it was delicious!! The crabs are serve chilled, but each person is given hot butter and a mustard sauce to drench it in. I usually don't like mustard, but the concoction they had was great. All of the side dishes are huge and meant to be shared. They all went with each other so well. My favorite was the Lobster Mac & Cheese...baked to perfection.

When we arrived there, we were expecting to wait 2 hours, but by some miracle, we got there with a party of 8 and they seated us right away while other small groups were given estimates of 2-2.5 hours. Not sure how that happened but I love them for it! Our server was so nice and she gave us all the background on the stone crabs as well as all the suggestions for how much to order. She was right, I did leave satisfied and full. These stone crabs are from Joe's very own farm. The crab claws were SO easy to peel and the meat came off so easily. YUM!!!

--v

No comments:

Post a Comment