Monday, January 23, 2012

Elite Restaurant - Monterey Park, California




新年快樂!恭喜發財!Happy Lunar New Year! Gong xi fa cai! May your new year be filled with joy, luck, health and prosperity! In honor of the beginning of the Year of the Dragon, a dim sum post for you :)


Address: 700 S Atlantic Blvd, Monterey Park, CA 91754

Items Ordered:
  • Pork siu mai, shrimp har gow, spare ribs, bean curd wrap, chicken feet (small items)
  • Shrimp rice roll, steamed turnip, sticky rice in lotus leaf (larger items)
  • Crispy snow bun, golden cream bun, bbq pork buns (dessert/buns)

Elite Restaurant is an order-off-the-checklist-menu dim sum restaurant, which I prefer since the food is more fresh and you don't feel as bad turning away the Chinese ladies hawking their food. My group of 5 arrived around 10:30am and the wait was only about 10 minutes long--come any later though, and your wait time can be up to an hour plus! I was really impressed with the quality of the food coming out of the kitchen and the pace of their service too. This was some of the best siu mai and har gow AND chicken feet I've had anywhere, and I've been itching to return to Elite Restaurant. The only thing that I wouldn't order again is the steamed turnip since I like the pan-fried version. Maybe it's the fatty inside me talking. Otherwise, I enjoyed everything from the food to the company, and hope you can make it out to Chinatown for a delicious visit sometime!

--y

No comments:

Post a Comment