Monday, June 6, 2011

Tart Restaurant - West Los Angeles, California

Address: 115 S Fairfax Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90036

Items Ordered:
  • California scramble with egg whites: pico de gallo, chicken andoullie sausage, green chili, cheddar cheese, topped with avocado
  • Tomato, spinach, and mushroom egg white scramble
  • Biscuit, hash browns
  • Vanilla latte

I've driven by TART many times and the sign outside is so intriguing that it always catches my eye. On a Sunday around 11:30, the restaurant was not very crowded, and we found parking and seating easily.
Justin Walker (Dave Annable) from Brothers and Sisters and his wife sauntered into the restaurant right after us and were seated right in Connie's line of sight. Thus, I had a lot of free time that morning to concentrate on my food since Connie was too busy drooling over the hot actor instead of our food or conversation ;).

The vanilla latte tasted creamy and was a great pick-me up for the morning. I requested the California scramble made into an egg white omelette, and I loved the bounty of ingredients included in the omelette. The hash browns were grease-free and tasted like delicious carbohydrate-y goodness. I managed to refrain from ordering the Chicken 'n Waffles on this visit, but I vowed to return to try that dish at some point in time farther away from swimsuit season... Overall, I enjoyed the atmosphere at TART, the fresh ingredients, and unique dishes. Maybe next time I return, I'll also be starstruck by someone I actually recognize.


--y

No comments:

Post a Comment