Sunday, June 5, 2011

Porto's Bakery - Downey, California

Address: 8233 Firestone Boulevard, Downey, CA

Items Ordered:
  • Meat Pie
  • Ropa Vieja Sandwich
  • Pork Tamale
  • Ham Croquette
  • Chicken Croquette
  • Potato Ball
  • Fresh Mango Juice

I’ve been to all 3 locations now – Downey, Glendale and Burbank. They are all DELICIOUS. I usually just eat the savory items because I am not big on dessert. I blame it on the small size and cheap prices, but every time I come here, I can’t seem to control my orders. It gets out of control! My favorite are the Potato Balls – a fried ball with mashed potatoes and ground beef inside. My favorite stuff all in one! This was the first time I ordered a sandwich and I would have to say I enjoyed it a lot. Can never pass up on the Croquettes and Tamales though! Mmmm. I love this place.

--v

No comments:

Post a Comment