Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Simpang Asia - Culver City, California


Address: 10433 National Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90034

Items Ordered:
  • Laksa - mild curry noodle soup served with shrimp, boiled egg, sliced fish cake, and shredded chicken
  • Bihun Goreng Special - stir fry rice noodle with chicken, shrimp, beef ball, and veggie
  • Lumpia Semarang - Indonesian style egg roll with chicken, dried shrimp, and veggie
  • Potato balls

There's this food blog I frequent where tantalizing pictures of curry laksa, nasi rames, and Hainanese chicken rice are displayed once every few posts. I haven't eaten much Indonesian food, but after drooling over those photographs, I decided it was time to take my own Indonesian eating adventure. At Simpang Asia, my curry laksa came in a large bowl overflowing with shrimp and a perfectly hard-boiled egg in a creamy, mild curry soup. The noodles had a nice bite, and I was pleased that my first laksa was a success. Victoria's stir fry noodle dish had a nice smokiness and great flavor, and I couldn't stop eating her food either :P. The appetizers were on special for $2/plate; they were alright, although the potato balls definitely fell short of Porto's version. I enjoyed Simpang Asia, and am on the hunt for more authentic Indonesian restaurants to try if you have suggestions or want to join me on my excursions!

--y

No comments:

Post a Comment