Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Lucille's Smokehouse BBQ - Long Beach, California

Address: 4828 E 2nd St, Long Beach, CA 90803

Items Ordered (lunch menu):
  • Southern fried dill pickles, 1/2 order
  • Southern fried chicken with gravy, garlic mashed potatoes, & vegetables
  • Ribs and hot link with macaroni & cheese

There are many-a-days when I sure do miss Texas friends, family and food, and while I can't materialize the former two, I can continue my search for scrumptious
Southern food in California. I always find the plating a little too fancy compared to some of the really home style restaurants in Texas, but nevertheless, Lucille's BBQ was pretty decent. The ribs actually fell off of the bone and had a nice smoky flavor, and my favorite, the fried chicken (which was actually chicken fried steak) had a nice crispy skin and savory seasoning. I prefer fried pickle chips so the appetizer was just okay, and the macaroni and cheese was too dry for my taste. Lucille's is not my favorite BBQ joint on the West Coast, but it suffices for a quick, reminiscent lunch, and I would return for the fried chicken.

--y

No comments:

Post a Comment