Thursday, July 1, 2010

Urth Caffe - Beverly Hills, California




Address: 267 S Beverly Dr, Los Angeles, CA 90209

Items Ordered:
  • Egg white omelette
  • Curry chicken salad
  • Oatmeal with fresh fruit and granola
  • Tiramisu
  • Cafe lattes

It is true that this particular Urth Caffe location in Beverly Hills is crowded, but for good reason. Sitting out in the sun, people watching, and enjoying delicious food and drinks really does a body good. Everything that I have tried here from breakfast to the salads and sandwiches is fresh tasting and prepared with care. The portions are definitely filling--even if it's only greens. Urth Caffe makes me want to become a vegetarian, get a hybrid car, and run 26 miles in recycled shoes. It is really that fresh tasting. One of my favorites is the tiramisu, which is a hugely generous portion of sugar, caffeine and mascarpone cheese. It has just the right balance of sweet and bitterness from the cocoa and reminds me of really fancy pudding. If that doesn't give you enough of a sugar rush, try the cute coffee drinks, which are actually quite tasty too. I have been to this location several times and have yet to see a celebrity I recognize so I guess there will be many more visits in the future, lucky me ;).

--y

1 comment: