Saturday, July 3, 2010

Empanada's Place - West Los Angeles, California



Address: 3811 Sawtelle Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90066

Items Ordered:

  • Beef selected fresh lean ground beef potatoes, hard boiled eggs, olives & spices
  • Spicy Beef ground beef with peas, carrots and potatoes a touch of northern argentina
  • Chicken fresh california grown chicken with peas, carrots, bell peppers, onions, tomatoes, and herb spices the super chicken pie!

I was rooting for Argentina in the World Cup after USA was out - too bad for today's unfortunate results! About 2 years ago, I spent some time in Argentina, and I must say that of all Argentinian cuisine, I loved empanadas the most. I wanted to eat them everyday! Stepping into this small place brought back memories of my travels and of any empanadas I've tried around here, this one most closely resembles the ones I had in Argentina. I got 3 empanadas and each one had the perfect mix of ingredients such as ground beef, chicken, eggs, potatoes, peas, and the crust was a delicious level of crispiness and flakiness. There are meat options and vegetable options, so there's sure to be one that you'll want to try! I think I want to get some more of these today... Yum! Definitely the BEST empanadas I've tried in the states!

--v

No comments:

Post a Comment