Monday, September 9, 2013

Hawaii (Oahu) Eats - Honolulu, Hawaii


Locations:
  • Ted's Bakery - chocolate haupia cream pie
  • Tiki's Grill and Bar - loco moco
  • Ono Seafood - spicy ahi and tako (octopus) poke
  • Iyasume Musubi - spam musubi, etc
  • Chef's Luau - traditional Hawaiian foods (poi, lomi lomi, roast pig, etc)
  • Giovanni's Shrimp Truck - garlic shrimp with rice
  • Bubbies - mochi ice cream
  • Leonard's Bakery - masaladas
  • Not pictured: mai tais and pina coladas galore; Matsumoto's shaved ice, clear blue waters

Oh Hawaii, how I miss your clear waters, giant turtles, and delectable dishes lacking any greenery. I wish I was back in Oahu still, but I guess these food pictures will have to suffice. If you haven't been to any of the places above, then I definitely recommend Ono Seafood's house specialty tako poke, and Giovanni's garlic shrimp--bring cash so you can get 2 plates of the buttery, garlicky shrimp. If you're staying in the touristy part near Waikiki Beach--like I did, cuz I'm a tourist--then, go off the beaten path to a little alleyway for Iyasume Musubi; you won't be disappointed! You can get delicious spam musubis for an amazing price. I can't wait to go back to Hawaii for all the great seafood, sweets, frozen drinks, and beautiful beaches! Next time though I'll be posting my eating adventures from Maui.

--y

No comments:

Post a Comment