Monday, April 9, 2012

Wurstküche - Downtown Los Angeles, California


Address: 800 E 3rd St, Los Angeles, CA 90013

Items Ordered:
  • Bratwurst - fine cuts of pork, coriander and nutmeg
  • Chicken Apple & Spices - apple and specks of cinnamon (pork free)
  • Austin Blues - hot & spicy, tri-pepper, and hardwood smoked pork
  • Louisiana Hot Link -beef and pork, onions and hot spices
  • Duck & Bacon with Jalapeno Peppers
  • Rattlesnake & Rabbit with Jalapeno Peppers
  • Groot (L) fries w/ bleu cheese walnut & bacon, chipotle aioli, & curry ketchup dips
  • Gouden Carolus Belgian beer

I have to admit it--I was really hungry last week so I ordered 6 sausages, 2 fries, and a beer for myself. I feel bad for my friends who had the misfortune of accompanying me to dinner, they must have been starving all night! So how did EVERYTHING taste? The flavor of the spicy sausages outshone the others so I would recommend the Austin Blues, hot link, and even rattlesnake & rabbit. Surprisingly, the rattlesnake and rabbit didn't taste very odd or gamey, and I actually enjoyed it. My least favorite sausage was probably the duck and bacon as I think it was too mild-tasting and needed a lot of mustard to spice it up. Last but not least, the hot and crispy french fries dipped in the above sauces might even be more enjoyable than the sausages themselves. Oh, and it might be a good idea to share some of this food with your friends to maximize the communal Wurstküche experience. Wurstküche is a good place to check out the "sharing is caring" theory, and I recommend you try it.

--y

No comments:

Post a Comment